The Journey of a Passion Redefined
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #passiondefinedremyrefined #CollectiveBias
The hardest part about writing is figuring out the first line. So I will start with a definition.
An intense desire or enthusiasm for something.
Take a moment, and reflect on what you are doing in your life. Your job, your hobbies, your everyday activities. And now ask yourself if all the things you are doing give you that intense desire. Probably not….but that is normal.
A couple of years ago, I did this exact exercise, and I found that I couldn’t say the same thing wholeheartedly. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE my job. I work in an industry that allows me to fully express myself and have a hand in amazing pieces of creative work. But, I felt unbalanced. I knew that there was something more I wanted to be doing. I knew that what I did during my 9 – 5 had the potential to inspire a second creative outlet.
I watched an interesting documentary put out by a big music artist, and she said she knew she had found her passion when it kept her up at night working hard towards it, but it didn’t feel like work at all. So I set out to find my own passion, and I vowed to never stop until I found it.
The next few years took me down so many paths. I tried my hand at PR, I started to design websites and logos on the side, I started to photograph people, and even tried my hand at starting a small batch cooking company. But every time I would come back and reflect against the definition only to find that It still didn’t match.
Today I am proud to say that I found that passion, and it isn’t just blogging, it is inspiring women to be their best selves. I wake up every single day and that is the mission that gets my feet on the ground. See, the thing I learned about finding your passion is that it shouldn’t just be a selfish mission, but one that has an impact on a group of people, a demographic, or a culture --- how you do it will come easier once you know what impact you want to have.
Many of you ask me about mentoring programs, and how I was shaped into being the best at what I do. Well the good news is that there are so many amazing opportunities to grow your own passion. Thankfully, brands like Rémy Martin believe in the pursuit of passions, and I am excited to partner with them for an opportunity for you to win a chance to be mentored towards developing that skill and passion of yours. See below for the super easy way to enter into this amazing opportunity.
● To enter the sweepstakes, you must log on to your Twitter account and (i) follow @RemyRefined (ii) Tweet an image of Entrant showing their life passion and including the hashtags #RemyRefined and either #ChicagoSweepstakes, #DetroitSweepstakes, or #StLouisSweepstakes, depending on your state of residence.
○ Grand Prize (1): The grand prize winner will receive a mentor for one (1) year to help winner live out his/her passion and a check for $5,000 (“Grand Prize”).
○ First Prize (15 [five (5) per location]): Each first prize winner will receive two (2) tickets to a Jhené Aiko concert on either August 12, 2016 for Michigan winners, August 16, 2016 for Illinois winners, or August 17, 2016 for Missouri winners, a meet and greet with Jhené Aiko, and a Rémy Martin gift bag (“First Prize”).
○ Second Prize (30 [ten (10) per location]): Each second prize winner will receive two (2) tickets to a Jhené Aiko concert on either August 12, 2016 for Michigan winners, August 16, 2016 for Illinois winners, or August 17, 2016 for Missouri winners (“Second Prize’).
● No Purch. Nec. Ends 8/31/16. 21+, IL, MI, MO only, Rules: RemyRefined.com
My favorite Remy Recipe:
The Hayet Sunrise
Two ounces of Rémy Martin
One ounce of Orange juice
One ounce of Cranberry juice
This recipe reminds me of my journey to my passion. It is perfectly layered, and the individual qualities of each layer add to the overall taste and experience. The path to make it is simple, start with the Rémy Martin Cognac, then layer on the juices. The best part is when you watch the colors mix together.
Cheers to finally taking the step to pursue your passion!!!!